Ever considered standing as an RFBAQ Elected Representative?
Wednesday, 29 Mar 2017
2017 is an election year.
Today the RFBAQ mailed a nomination pack to the secretary of every Rural Fire Brigade in Queensland.
Here are the prerequisites to nominate when nominations are called.
The Nominee will have:
- Held or be holding a position on the Management Committee of a Registered Rural Fire Brigade for a continuous period of not less than four (4) years. This would include the elected/appointed positions of Fire Officer, Brigade Training Officer, Fire Warden, Chairperson, Secretary or Treasurer.
- To be/have been active in matters affecting the welfare and efficiency of Rural Fire Brigades and their Volunteer Brigade Members at Shire or District level.
- A demonstrated knowledge of the operations and functions of Rural Fire Brigades within that RFSQ District.
- A demonstrated working knowledge of meeting procedure.
- A demonstrated ability to work positively within a committee system, which would endeavour to provide outcomes that would ensure positive benefits for Rural Fire Brigades and their Volunteer Members in the safe performance of their duties.
- A demonstrated ability to provide commitment to the work and aims of rural fire and effective transference of information to the brigade members they have served.
Completed nominations must be returned to the RFBAQ in Gympie by no later than Monday, 29th May 2017.
For further information, please contact the Returning Officer on 07 5480 5134.