Monday, 6 August 2012
Millstream South Rural Fire Brigade (RFB) and Georgetown RFB are the proud new owners of an Isuzu truck thanks to the Rural Fire Brigades Association (RFBAQ) grant of $18,000.00 and $20,000.00.
The Millstream South RFB new firefighting appliance handover took place Thursday, 5 July 2012 along with an all encompassing health facility in Ravenshoe opened by Minister for Police and Community Safety Jack Dempsey and Minister for Health Lawrence Springborg.
The upgrade for Millstream South RFB firefighting appliance could not come at a better time with their smaller vehicle soon to be out of commission. The new truck will now have greater water carrying capacity, updated equipment and greater crew carrying ability to protect the 52 square kilometers of properties in a dry sclerophyll forest area. The local high fire risk saw a serious bushfire in September 2011 with a number of other brigades called to assist.
Millstream South RFB Secretary, Marcpeter Cyran said with the new truck that has good clearance to get into some rougher country tracks and more safety for volunteers, we now feel we are better equipped to protect our community.
Similarly, Georgetown RFB current truck urgently needed replacement due to its aged condition becoming costly and reliability of the firefighting appliance being one of high importance.
'The volunteers in Millstream South RFB, along with the local community members, wish to express our gratitude & appreciation to the Rural Fire Brigades Association of Queensland for making this all possible' Millstream South RFB, Secretary, Marcpeter Cyran.
Millstream South RFB and their new truck: (L to R) Lionel and Sonya Wilkins, Eddie Lee, Lynne Kneubuhler, Lex Allgood, Debbie Allgood, Kerry Rosenberg, Marcpeter Cyran and Paul Kneubuhler.
- How to Apply
- RFBAQ Grant of $10,000 goes towards Allandale RFB construction of a new fire station
- Cooyar Town RFB and Cooyar
- Mutdapilly RFB Station Grant
- Prenzlau RFB Station Grant
- Eudlo RFB Station Grant
- Mount Larcom RFB Station Grant
- Gatton Springdale RFB Receives RFBAQ Grant
- Official Shed Opening for Obi Obi Rural Fire Brigade
- Thank You From Wallumbilla RFB
- Tarome RFB Station Grant
- Scott Rural Fire Brigade receives RFBAQ Grant
- Millstream South RFB and Georgetown RFB receives new Isuzu truck
- Tumoulin RFB Receives Appliance
- RFBAQ Funds Water Connection For Brigade
- Turkey Beach new hose reel in use
- Bauhinia RFB thanks for RFBAQ grant
- Previous Grant Applications