Wednesday, 8th February 2012
IMPORTANT MESSAGE from Mike Garrahy AFSM, President of the RFBAQ
The Association on Saturday 4 February, 2012 passed a number of resolutions covering the governance of the RFBAQ. These resolutions represent a change in the way that the Association sets policy and administers the internal day to day functions of the RFBAQ.
· All media statements will be made by either the President or Vice Presidents of the RFBAQ.
· All policy direction will be made by the elected representatives of the RFBAQ.
· All correspondence with major stakeholders such as QFRS, Bushfire CRC and the AAVFBA will be conducted by the President and SEM (this excludes matters that are considered day to day interactions).
· Funded grants will be posted on the RFBAQ website within 30 days of the final grant funding. The grants information will include the District that the grant went to, the brigade name, the purpose of the grant and the grant amount.
· Financial information will be posted on the RFBAQ website following the presentation of the Audited Financial Statements at the Annual General Meeting.
· 3 committees have been formed to oversee the functions and administration of the RFBAQ.
1. Financial Review Committee – Chaired by Jon Bundy, Vice President South and Roma Area Representative.
2. Rules Review Committee – Chaired by Tony Marks, Caboolture Area Representative.
3. HR and IR Committee – Chaired by Marilyn King, SEM member and Bundaberg Area Representative.
The Association trusts that Volunteers will appreciate that profound structural change cannot be implemented overnight. The RFBAQ Elected Representatives are committed to creating an organisation that represents the best interests of rural fire brigade volunteers in Queensland.
Mike Garrahy AFSM
P: 07 4698 1791
M: 0427 436 247