Final Reminder for Ballot Papers - Must be returned in the ballot envelope by Monday 31st July 2017
Tuesday, 25 Jul 2017
Toowoomba (now called Darling Downs) RFSQ Area, Mackay RFSQ Area and Townsville RFSQ Area.
Each ballot paper has a short biography of the candidates to help brigades choose who they would like to represent them. Each brigade secretary received the voting information envelope in June from the current secretaries mailing list as supplied by RFSQ.
Instruction for marking the Ballot Paper:
1. Votes are to be allocated by the "First Past the Post" method.
2. Mark the square opposite the name of the preferred
Candidate with the figure 1, a tick or a cross leave
other squares blank.
3. Do not place other marks on the Ballot Paper.
4. Ballot Paper must be returned in Ballot Envelope provided.
5. Ballot Paper is to be in the hands of the Returning Officer by
Monday, 31st July 2017 from the Ballot Papers being posted to
6. Sign and date Ballot Paper.
7. Only one vote per Brigade.
The opening and counting of the ballot papers for all three elections is conducted at the RFBAQ Office in Gympie, and all candidates are encouraged to either attend or ask for a scrutineer to oversee the opening and counting process.
The opening of the envelopes and counting of the ballots is to be held at 0900 on Wednesday 2nd August at the RFBAQ Office at 101A Mary Street, Gympie by local State MP Tony Perrett.
This is a process used in the 2014 Election that was well received by all candidates.
If you have any queries relating to the process, please do not hesitate to contact the Returning Officer on 07 5480 5134 or email.