Open Public Meeting – Mount Cotton Rural Fire Brigade
Thursday, 13 Aug 2015
Notice of Open Public Meeting at Mount Cotton
This Open Public Meeting has been called by landholders and stakeholders wishing to discuss the potential formation of a Rural Fire Brigade at Mount Cotton.
When: Sunday, 30 August 2015
Where: Mount Cotton Rainforest Gardens
Afternoon tea will be provided prior to meeting.
Meeting Chair: Mayor Karen Williams
Meeting Convenor: Peter Gould
RSVP: Cr Julie Talty’s office on 3829 8758 or email@example.com
- Matt McEachan MP, Member for Redlands
- Cr Julie Talty, Councillor, Division 6, Redland City Council
- Alan Gillespie AFSM, President, Rural Fire Brigades Association
- Justin Choveaux, General Manager, Rural Fire Brigades Association
- Welcome to attendees – Mayor Karen Williams
- Is there a need for a Volunteer Rural Fire Brigade at Mount Cotton? – General discussion
moderated through Chair.
- How is a Rural Fire Brigade formed and what support is supplied by Rural Fire Service
Queensland – Inspector Neil Kelso, Rural Fire Service Queensland.
- Would the local community support the formation of a Volunteer Rural Fire Brigade at
Mount Cotton – General discussion moderated through Chair.
- Would the local community support an application for registration for a Volunteer Rural
Fire Brigade at Mount Cotton – General discussion moderated through Chair.
- Meeting close and thanks – Peter Gould